Romance of the Perilous Land is a roleplaying game of magic and adventure set in the world of British folklore, from the stories of King Arthur to the wonderful regional tales told throughout this green and pleasant land. It is a world of romantic chivalry, but also of great danger, with ambitious kings, evil knights, and thieving brigands terrorising the land, while greedy giants, malevolent sorcerers, and water-dwelling knuckers lurk in the shadows. As valiant knights, mighty barbarians, subtle cunning folk, and more, the players are heroes, roaming the land to fight evil, right wrongs, and create their own legends.
This new edition of Romance of thePerilous Land: A Roleplaying Game of British Folkloreincludes:
- A gazetteer detailing the 11 kingdoms of the Perilous Land, with plenty of hooks inspired by regional British folklore
- More than 70 different folkloric creatures, from redcaps and pottons to Knuckers and Boggarts.
- Six classes that can be customised with backgrounds, talents, deities and factions.
- An updated ruleset, keeping the streamlined OSR-inspired mechanics but adding brand new options
- Join factions like Robin Hood's Merry Men, Merlin's Order of Enchanters and the Knights of the Round Table, each with their own guidelines for roleplaying.
- Stunning artwork throughout from Alan Lathwell and John McCambridge